These protein balls are perfect as a work snack or before a workout. You can also try dipping them in yoghurt and freezing as a guilt-free dessert!
200g almond meal
100g finely chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (or flavour of your choice)
1 tablespoon white chia seeds
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 tablespoon Agave nectar
1 dessert spoon coconut sugar
100ml coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Combine almond meal, nuts, protein powder and chia seeds in a large bowl
2. Place coconut oil, agave syrup and coconut sugar in a saucepan and cook on low until it becomes syrupy. Stir in the coconut milk gradually.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for at least one hour (I recommend 24 hours)
5. Roll the mixture into balls and then roll in the coconut.
Optional : another option is to roll the balls in natural yoghurt and freeze them as a tasty dessert!