1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 small brown onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin
2 tsp turmeric
2 litres vegetable stock (room temperature)
1 or 2 sticks of celery, diced
1 ½ cups red lentils
100g baby spinach or 1/2 bunch of kale (stalks removed), washed and torn into bite sized bits
1 tablespoon tahini (or 2 tab natural peanut butter)
¼ bunch fresh coriander, chopped finely
1. In a medium sized saucepan, sweat onion in oil then add garlic and stir for 2 mins.
2. Add the cumin and turmeric and stir until fragrant
3. Add the lentils and celery, then pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
4. Once it comes to the boil, lower temperature and simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
5. Stir in spinach, coriander (reserve some for garnish) and tahini and cook until spinach is soft.
6. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and garnish with the remaining coriander.