How to make 3 healthy lunches from 2 chicken breasts
Makes 8 serves
2 chicken breasts (4 halves) skin off, fat trimmed off
3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tsp minced garlic
4 tablespoons mild mexican salsa
90g tasty cheese (3 square slices)
4 slices smoked ham
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cut two of the chicken breast halves into long strips and divide into two portions. Place each into a small bowl.
Bowl 1 - Sweet chilli chicken
Into the bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the sweet chilli sauce. Toss chicken to coat and set aside for ten minutes to marinate, before baking in oven for 20 minutes.
Bowl 2 - Sticky chicken
Into the bowl, add 1 tablespoon of the sweet chilli sauce, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate, before baking in the oven for 20 minutes.
Recipe 3 - Cheat's Chicken Parmigiana
1. Take the remaining 2 breast halves and cut these in half length ways so that you have 4 thin fillets. Place them in a lined casserole dish or baking tray with sides, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Spread each of the chicken fillets with 1 tablespoon of Mexican salsa.
3. Cut the ham into halves and place 2 pieces on top of the salsa, per fillet.
4. Cut up the cheese so that you have even portions for 4 fillets and place these on top of the ham slices.
5. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Serve sticky chicken with brown rice or quinoa and steamed broccolini.
Toss Sweet Chilli Chicken in salads such as Asian Chicken & Mango salad (recipe below).
Enjoy your chicken parmi with steamed vegetables, boiled or mashed potato or roasted pumpkin.
Asian Chicken & Mango salad
1 portion Sweet Chilli Chicken
½ a mango, diced
½ a spanish onion, diced finely
60g salad greens (I use a mix of baby spinach and rocket)
5 snow peas, sliced
½ a cucumber, diced
5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Fresh coriander leaves, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Toss gently and divide into two smaller bowls before serving.